Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Friday, August 21, 2009

Seige Announced to Ezekiel

On the very day the King begins his attack on Jerusalem Ezekiel gets word from God to speak to his people about a cooking pot which represents Jerusalem. Basically that Babylon is going to boil up the people. Supposedly there is no way for Ezekiel to have gotten this message other then through God. a messanger would not have been quick enought to have gotten there at this point and time.

But then comes the message that is so close to home for Ezekiel. The Lord is going to take his wife away from him. He is asked not to do the traditional things people would do during mourning, but to continue on with the work of the Lord. Ezekiel does as he was asked and explains to the people that he and his wife are a sign. Soon Jerusalem will be destroyed and they too will not be able to mourn. Then Ezekiel is silent ed by God until the word comes from messengers that all these things he has spoken have come true.

This reading came at a perfect time for me. We had a few things happen yesterday that I was just blown away and I was questioning myself as to whether or not I am trusting in the Lord enough. Am I failing You Lord is that why these things are happening to me and my family? And this made me realize it is not always a punishment when things happen but can be a learning experience either for us or for others. As believer we are not immune to pain.

No comments: