Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Isahia Tells of Last Days

OK, I have come to conclusion that Isaiah is depressed and very upset at how the world turned out. Every time I read these readings I get depressed. I can see why he writes the way he does. He really wants to get the point across that the way the people are acting and the things they are doing are going to lead them straight to hell. Maybe we need Isaiah to come and give a speech to our President and his men. So I do understand all of that. He does have one glimpse of light in his reading. He talks about the rejoicing of the saved. How feeble hands will be strong, blind will see, the sand will give water. This was a nice way to end today's reading.

I think Isaiah is like a what we would call today the hell and brimstone Christians. Those that are always trying to scare the you know what out of you to get you to turn away from sin and turn to God. Unfortunately that never worked for me. It was the love of Christ that worked for me. The thought that there was someone out there watching over me every second of the day and loving me through all my terrible sins. But for some this fire talk works. And with a new king, Hezekiah, the country should have a new leaf turned over in no time.

No comments: