Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Monday, July 6, 2009

Isaiah Warns against Relapse

Once again Isaiah is warning the people against their failures to worship God. They have come around now and see that they need to worship Him, but Isaiah knows that at any moment they could turn away from God once more. Which is pretty sad. I guess I have to remember that as I read the Bible, the time span is over hundreds and hundreds of years. Think about where we are right now. True Christians are far and few. Yes, there are those who proclaim to be Christians, but they are really not. They say the right words, maybe do the right thing in front of other people, but their hearts are far from being right with God. God to them in in 6th or 10th place. Not 1st or even 2nd place in their lives.

He even talks about the leaders not worshiping God. I think this can apply to us easily too. We are all leaders to come sort of degree. You see when you proclaim to be a Christian and a believer in Christ you have a duty to act like a Christian. You don't flip people off on the freeway and have a fish sticker on your car. You don't cheat someone out of money and wear a cross on your neck. Get my point! I know we are human, but just as the president has a standard to uphold as people watch him, we also do as Christians. People watch us closely. But if our hearts are not in it, it will reflect on the outside in the things we say or do!

It is a shame that we Christians can not learn from the mistakes we read about in the Bible. But I guess that is what makes us such imperfect creatures. I think Isaiah said it perfectly here. "These people come near to Me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by me. I need say not more!

No comments: