Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Isaiah Prophesies Against Nations

OK, I think I am in a little yucky mood today. I hurt my wrist and ankle and I just don't think I am able to concentrate very well. I read this section twice and I am at a little lost for understanding. It seems like this reading is filled with judgement and telling the people what is to come in their future. Or at least the dark side of their future, (if you know what I mean) of what is to come about. If I am reading it right he is talking straight to Babylon, Moab and Assyria. He talks about how God will judge the sins of the nations. Shoot the sins of man in general.

That is a scary thought considering where our country is going. I mean we once were a country of prosperity and based our lives on the Bible. Hey, we based our Constitution on the Bible. Today, well, I do not have to remind you that our government is far away from that ideal. I mean we are trying to take God out of Government all together. The schools don't teach about it anymore (government run). They do not even teach the real reason why the pilgrims came over. Religious freedom! Do they still use a Bible to swear on in the court house?. So if what Isaiah say is right we, as a nation will be judged. Whew, scary to think what he will do to us.

I guess, what we can do is once again live our lives for God in everything we do. Hey and let me make it very clear, I am not bashing the USA. I love my country. There is no such thing as perfection except in Jesus Christ. So I can not expect a government filled with imperfect people to be perfect. What I can do is pray for the decisions made by the leaders. But, I do have to say, the one HUGE mistake our country has made was walking away from God. I only pray that more and more of the people will walk closer with our Messiah and be willing to not have the future Isaiah predicted be that of the good old USA.

By the way, if I am way off on my reading today, let me know. Give me your thoughts and inputs!

No comments: