Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Reforms of Hezekiah

Praise God, a man who finally had a heart for God. A man who was not afraid of standing up for what his community was founded on. Hezekiah was now in charge which meant that everything the people knew or thought they knew about religion was all going to change. He had the temple cleared out of all idol and anything that was not pure in the eyes of God. He then had all the Levites and Priests get themselves cleaned up. Soul, body and mind. And lastly he sent a letter throughout all Of Israel foe all those who were ready for the change to come and celebrate the Passover. I was actually cheering as I was reading this. Oh yea, then he prayed to God and asked God to forgive those who were not ceremonial clean. To give them a small break because they were finally coming back to God. And of course God was gracious enough to do so.

Can I just dream for a moment? Imagine it 4 years from now and we elect a new president. This new president not only stands by the rules of the Declaration but he also stands by the rules and is not afraid to stand up for what this country was founded on. GOD! Imagine he says no more gay marriage, prayer in school, pledge allegiance with the word God in it, He leaves the word God in our courtrooms and on our money. A fearless president. A strong leader. A man who puts God first. Wow. It would sure be nice to actually see a president in office who was fearless and did the job according to Gods word. Well, I know when the Messiah comes back, he'll have a bit to say to those past and current presidents who are cowards to actually follow Gods word. Oh yes, I know a few have said that they are Christians. But many people say they are, but obviously their actions speak multitudes. But then again, I am certainly not perfect either, but I am not a president of the USA who has the whole world watching me say one thing and do another. Am I? I would love to see a Hezekiah come into office here in the USA. OK, my day dreaming is done.

As I read today's reading I was just taken back and in awe of this leader. He seems to be the leader that really could make a difference for his people.

No comments: