Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jeremiah the Weeping Prophet

Jeremiah has now been appointed by God to be a prophet. In his first vision he sees an almond tree which symbolizes the judgment that has been held off and now will be forth coming. His next vision is of a pot that is tipping from the north which symbolizes the military that will cut down the Jewish homes. Basically Jeremiah's job is to warn people about the coming doom that will take place very soon.

As Jeremiah preaches he talks to to the people about God being the "living water",. I love how that is brought up here. Just one little mention of the up and coming Christ and the need for this living water. He also talks about how they have turned their backs but not their faces. How they only seek God when they are in need and need help. And God's come back? Where are your Gods when you need help. He even talks about them denying their sin. Yea, like they are so perfect.

It is so hard to read the last few paragraphs of this because it reflects in my own lifetime. How many time in over 40 years have I said oh yes Lord here I am but then turn my back to him when I was asked to serve. Oh but as soon as I needed Him there I was on my knees begging. Even today, I see that I still do this in some respect. I think we all do to some degree. Whether its talking to a lost friend about Christ and then chickening out or volunteering when asked, but not thinking we can do the job etc. There are so many things that God asks of us, but how many do we turn our backs to Him on. We may think that we do not have gifts to serve but Jeremiah was not the "type" but God can equip us if He sees fit and if we really are willing to say yes and mean it.

These people are no different here. All God has been asking for 100's of years so far is for them to come back to him. To look to him for everything. TO Love Him unconditionally. Sounds easy, but it really is harder then it sounds. The Bible is proof of that. But, there is absolutely no good excuse for basically abandoning God. Ahh, but the really happy news is that all He wants us to do to get back in His good graces is to ask for forgiveness. This is so hard for some. I know, cause my daughter is one that has a hard time asking for forgiveness. It is worth it to have the living water run through our veins once again.

No comments: