Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From Kadesh to Moab and Moses's Journal

Oops, Moses disobeyed God. I actually think that maybe he became distracted. You know with so many people constantly complaining and bickering to him about what they don't have and telling him it is his fault, I think it would be easy to get distracted and not do exactly as God commands. So God tells him to speak to the rock for water and instead he strikes the rock. Because of this he now will not be able to see the promised land. OK, everyone who agrees that that stinks raise you hand. However, looking at this from Gods point of view, any act of disobedience indicates a lack of trust in God. Right?

Just think about your own kids. When they dis-obey you it shows how much they do not trust that what you have told them is true. "Do not run in the parking lot!" Yet they do. Why? Because they think you are just setting restrictions to hinder their lively spirit. I think it is sort of the same with God. He gives us these rules and some of them seem so silly or outdated to us. Yet there is a divine reason for every single rule He has made. It is not for us to ask why but for us to not get distracted from the path of obedience!

I love that Moses kept a journal. This shows that he was thinking about the future of his people. That he wanted not only a history of what had taken place but for the future generations to learn from the mistakes and triumphs of their ancestors. Just like we do with our children. We teach them things based on our experience either as an adult or as a child and how our well or not so well our parents did. That is why it is so important what we are doing today. Reading the best and most complete and truthful history book we can get our hands on to our children. The Bible! If we can teach our children about God and about the mistakes the Israelites and others have made, they too can learn from this and teach their children and so on. This information is NEVER outdated! We just have cars instead of camels and running water instead of wells, but the truth is still the same! The rules are still the same and heaven and God have not changed ever.

I praise God that he has allowed me to stay home (even though it is hard money wise sometimes) and homeschool my children so that I can teach them the truths of God. So that they too can learn from those truths and hopefully they too will teach their children and so on and so on. Yesterday we talked about tithing and how you can tithe with your time when you do not have money. This in one of my hugest contributions to God. I give Him my children.

An acquaintance told me he did not want to believe in God cause what if we were wrong. He would have wasted all that time when he could have been having fun. I told him, well, I have fun now. Yes, I do not drink or smoke, or have sex with hundreds of men, but I have a good time in my life. Besides, if I die and find out there is no heaven and no God, well, so be it. But if you die and find out there is a heaven and God and you burn in hell, well you will have wished you wasted your time then. Either way, I have got nothing to loose by having this relationship with God, but you have everything to loose in the end.

I have no idea why I added that, other then to vent out my frustrations with this acquaintance . I pray for him and his wife! Anyway, this reading evoked a lot of different thoughts about how we teach our children and how we learn form our pasts.

No comments: