Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Persons Excluded from the Congregation

OK, so here was talk about mutilation of the genital area. OK, I get it. There are some that did funky thing with those parts, just as there are today with piercings and tattoos on the genital area....OUCH! But it states that no one may enter if they crush or cut the penis. Any insight? So does it mean those who did circumcise (cut the foreskin off) could not enter the assembly of the Lord?

The next few pages go on to explain more rules and regulations concerning cutting of hair, more contact with the dead, the value of animals, land, house and plants etc.

OK, can I make an observations here. Think about all the rules and regulations we have today in the USA. Do you know them all? No I suspect not. I don't. But we have the Internet, the library and numerous other resources to go to for this information. Back then they had only the priest to go to. But they would still have to know the basic rules. How on earth did they keep them all in their heads? How many of the people messed up and forgot to sacrifice because they did not know or forgot? What did God do to them when they messed up and did not follow the regulations? I guess it really is the same today. We have cops to keep us in line now.

Please, do not get me wrong. I am not saying that there are too many rules or that with God it was not possible to remember. But, I just wonder how!

However on the other hand I see that through all these rules and regulation there is a complete love for us. I think about my own kids. I make the rules for them because I LOVE them not to make it hard for them or to give them so much so that they do mess up. But to help them to learn and to make them a better person. Only God loves us even more then I can ever love my own kids. We should serve Him gladly when we finally realize that He is committed to us 100%. I think that knowing that God does not reject us completely is important to know when we mess up as well as to help us to keep from messing up! Don't you think?!?

No comments: