Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ordination of the Priests

Well the one thing I have to say is THANK GOD we have Jesus Christ offered as a sin offering. After reading all they had to go through to wipe away all their sins and get peace, wow! I wonder how their camp must have smelled?! Eeewww! I watched a show this evening and on it there was a group, I think it was in africa somwhere, cutting the throat of a goat. It was very graphic, but it went well with the reading for today. Hmmm, I wonder how that happened. I got to see how it all really looked and worked and how it was not as messy as I would have thought it might be. OK, well enough of that!

I really do not have much eye opening thoughts on today's readings. The two things that posed questions that right now I have no real answers for are...

1. What is the significance of 7. I know throughout the Bible, as I remember some of the books I have read in the past, the number 7 is a constant thing. Here is is mentioned several times.

2. What is the significance of the right ear lob, right finger and right toe? I am sure it had to do with something that was very important in rituals for the people of the time. But I am curious as to what?!?

My one and only insightful thing I picked up on here today was the fact that Aaron was allowed to become a priest still after his huge blunder with the golden calf and then he lied about being responsible for it. Boy oh Boy how forgiving is God. Just goes to show you that you do not have to be perfect to do Gods work. And that sometimes our faults and mishaps can help us to relate better to the people we are trying to save.

No comments: