Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Journey Begins with Doubts

Moses is told to build two silver trumpets to call the community together. One horn blown is to call all the leaders and Two horns blown is to call the community. I guess in biblical time you could call this their cells phones! LOL Sorry, just had to make that silly joke! Can you imagine the scene? To see ALL of Gods people working TOGETHER for one purpose. Just think if our churches all worked together for the same purpose and stopped worrying about the type of music played during worship or the color of the walls or whatever silly thing we can complain about in church. Work together for one common goal. To glorify Christ!

The people complained that they had no meat. Well, I guess I missed something here. I suppose all those animals the own are strictly for sacrifices and not for food. Anyway, they complain that they had fish in Egypt at no cost. Are you joking? No cost? Did they forget about the fact that they were slaves and severely beaten? Did they forget about all the suffering they endured in Egypt? I guess, we can all forget about how bad things were at one point or time in our lives and how God delivered us from that. But we need to do something to remember these things God does for us. He needs a Thank you Once in a while instead of always complaining.

God sure has a sense of humor. So He hears their cries and you know what His first response is? He says, OK I'll give you meat. I'll give you so much meat that you'll have enough for a month and you know what it will be so much it will come out of your nostrils. I don't know why, I just found that to strike my funny bone. Anyway, I think He was certainly trying to prove a point here. He is all powerful. They need to trust Him. They need to put ALL their trust in God and He will provide for them all the necessities they/we will ever need.

No comments: