Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Laws Against false Spiritualists, Blasphemy, Dedications, Tithing & Sabbath

The practice of divination, sorcery, interpretation of omens, engagement in which craft, casting of spells, or a medium who consults the dead are considered detestable to the Lord. If you are caught doing this you are to be put to death. Now I want to stop for a moment and take a look at some of the television shows that are on TV right now. There are so many weekly shows that are all about dealing with the dead. Movies all about which craft. I have to admit I have watched Harry Potter several times not really thinking anything about it other then it is a make believe, well made movie. And now I have to re-think that. It is not just a harmless movie, it is another way for the devil to get his claws into the lives of Christians. We need to be careful of this. Yea, now a days most people do not believe in witches and which craft, but it is so easy for us to believe in ghosts and ghost hunters and famous mediums that will tell you what you want to hear about your dead dad. Be wise and be careful!

The Bible warns us about false prophets. He states that the Messiah will be coming among our own brothers, but we are to watch out for those who presume to speak in My name. I can remember as a child my aunt was so into the TBN gang. Now please do not get me wrong, there are a lot of good that comes from that station and I do watch it myself. However, just like any other TV station, we need to be careful with what we watch even on a Christian station. There are many false Prophets out there who claim to heal the sick and claim they know when the Christ will be coming and claim, claim, claim. he tells us if these things do not come true then it is not of God! This is all FALSE phophecy and we need to again be wise and careful.

BLASPHEMY! OMGooodness. This is one I deal with daily in my house. My mom, Mom in law and husband all use "Oh My God" all the time. It is so much so that my son is constantly correcting dad and my mom who lives with us. I absolutely despise the fact that this is used in our home. If you are a prayer, please pray for more understanding from my family about how much God despises this too and a change of heart for them. I have explained it as if someone were to go around saying Oh My Kristin. Yea, that sure makes sense. I would eventually get really upset. My mom says "Well, it is kind of like I am praying when I do it". My words back to her? "A prayer is a prayer, Blasphemy is blasphemy. You can fool yourself but you can not fool God!

Uugghh! We are back to tithing. This is so hard for me right now. But I feel so convicted that the Lord will provide for us. We are still getting out of the hole we dug ourselves in over the past 6 months. This past week was my first week of tithing in months (money not volunteering). It really felt good to do so.

Lastly He call us to observe the sabbath once again. This is pretty easy for me. I have been doing this for almost 20 years now. It is a rare thing to see me really work on Sundays. When I use to work outside the home I had a sales job. When I started the job I was asked to work on Sundays. I refused! At first I was labeled a bit of a trouble maker, but after due time they realized I was not and I was a good worker, but was unwilling to compromise my faith for someone else. Yes, I cook dinner and do a few dishes, but other then things to keep our bodies going (food) I play, rest or just have fun. This weekend we are going to the mountains after church. I am so excited. I have not seen snow since last Feb.

The one thing I really noticed here was the fact that almost everything has a punishment of death. I guess you could say that God really means business with His laws. We need to be wise and careful with obeying these laws. I know some will say we live in the 21st century. God does not strike people down for these little things. My answer is...Oh yea? Are you willing to take that chance? Are you sure He will not get tired of telling you and telling you and one day for no reason you find yourself in the hospital!?! It happens and you have got to wonder, is this Gods way of sending a message to that person or is it just coincidental?

No comments: