Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Nation Under Law

OK, holy moly is all I have to say. Lots of sacrifices. Anyway.... God gave Moses rules for the different offering. Notice most of the offerings are optional, but the sin and guilt offering are mandatory.Just think back then it was admit your guilt, offer a sacrifice and then immediately forgiven and be right with God once again. Hey does that sound somewhat familiar? Yea, just like today, except for the sacrifice. That one was already done for us.

Notice also that there are two types of sins. There is the unintentional sin. This one was forgiven once the person admitted his sin and sacrificed. But for the willful disobedience sin, it had to go to the priest for him to ask forgiveness for you from God. No matter what though each person was to still ask for the forgiveness.

You know it still holds true for today. You know if I intentional steal something, to make it right with you I must give it back and then ask for forgiveness. If I never asked for forgiveness how do you think you would feel, even if I did give it back? You would probably still hold somewhat of a grudge towards me and NEVER trust me again. And by the way, I am not talking about the cheesy "I'm Sorry" line. I mean really asking someone to "Please Forgive me for what I did". I teach my children to say I am sorry when they bump a person, step on a toe etc. But they know that when they do something that was done with an evil intention they are to ask the other person to please forgive me for.....! I want then to understand the difference between intentional and un-intentional sin! That's all God really wants from us. God invites us to draw near for cleansing and for worship.

No comments: