Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Laws of Moses: Religious and Ceremonial Laws

Laws, laws and more laws. Here we see some new laws in place for the first time and some old ones reemphasized. So in this chronological order Bible they have written the laws by lumping them together per subject matter. So here in today's reading we are talking about Religious and Ceremonial Laws.

Once again the subject and law of idolatry is brought up. You have to wonder if maybe this is a very important matter to God. (She says with sarcasms). We are not to have sacrifices, images, pillars etc of any God. We are to watch ourselves around those who believe in pagan gods or for today those who do not believe in God at all. Moses even states that we are to show no pity to those (even our family) who try to entice us to worship other gods. Now think about this in modern times for a moment. Yes there are other religions that our family and friends could entice us to go and visit, but what other things are gods to them and us?

Then there is the punishment for idolatry. Stone them to death! Ouch! They do this to purge the evil. Just think if stoning for idolatry were to come back into law today. How many dead people would be lying in our streets? Gosh, let me re-ask that differently. How many people would still be walking around? Our world has really put God on the back burner. There are so many who profess to love and honor God , but really don't.

I know a person who proclaims to love God and even goes to church once in a while, but this person really has no love or respect for God. The things this person does behind Gods back and behind the back of their children and family are only from the devil himself. Yet, they profess to love God. Hey, let me make it very clear that I am not saying I am perfect. OMGosh...no way. And yes I know that there is no sin greater then the next. But when you have a lover of Christ who verbally says they know what they are doing is horrible in the sight of God and worthy of burning in hell, you got to wonder what will happen to that person at the time of death. If they never try to go away from their evil doings, do they still get that golden ticket to heaven?

All I know is I love God with all my heart, soul and mind. I try daily to live in His word. And every day I fail miserably of course, however, everyday I am on my knees asking Him to forgive me and to help make me a better person. Who knows maybe someday I will be perfect in Gods eyes. OK, well maybe that is not until I go to heaven, but one can dream, right?

No comments: