Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Friday, February 27, 2009

Laws of Government

OK, I have to say this and I may step on toes, but that's life and we are all entitled to our opinion. Right?!?!?

OK, so as i am reading this chapter about the governmental laws I was taken back at how our beautiful country wants to do aways with God in the government, but almost all our original laws were taken directly from the Bible. I wish our President would read the chapter that we just read. Maybe I will photo copy it and send it to his cabinet.

The one that really struck me was about the king (president) to serve under the law. He is to read the laws all the days of his life so that he may LEARN TO REVERE THE LORD his God and FOLLOW CAREFULLY ALL THE WORDS of this law and these decrees and NOT CONSIDER HIMSELF BETTER then his brothers and NOT TO TURN THE LAW tot he right or to the left. Hmmmm. If only our government would have to read just that one line daily to remind them really what they are to live by.

Then there is the subject of bribes. "Do not accept a bribe for a bribe BLINDS those who see and TWISTS THE WORDS OF THE RIGHTEOUS.

Then there is the death penalty. That is such a sore subject in our country. Even for myself I have always been sitting on the fence. However, is it not biblical for the death penalty?

Then there was this one simple line that I have lived by most of my life. I may not always agree with our President and sometimes I may state that. I may not like some of the presidents (current one too) that have been in office But one thing I have always held true is STAND BY THE PRESIDENT! He is our ruler no matter how he really got into office. He needs our support and not our nasty bitterness. And the Bible states that nicely. "Do Not curse the ruler of your people" It doesn't say that we can not have an opinion, but we need to watch our tongue.

This was a great reading. I wish our President would read this chapter too.

No comments: