Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

David's Rise to Power

Jealousy must have been rapid in Davids family (his brothers that is). First Samuel anoints David with the oil instead of his older brothers, then in battle David defeats Goliath in front of his older brother and his older brother show jealousy when David asks what a person gets if he is to kill the giant. But David just ignored his older brothers nasty comments.

++SIDE NOTE++ I know how David must have felt about his brothers jealousy. I have someone in my life more so in my younger years that no matter what I said or did it was always wrong. I was always put down and chastised about everything I did no matter what it was. This was all done out of jealousy! I to this day I am still not sure why this person was so jealous! To put it plain ans simple, it sucked for me. I always wanted to have a friendship with this person, but was never able to because this jealousy always got in this persons way.++

Well, then we know the rest of the story of David. What faith this man had to go up against a giant with nothing more then a sling shot and some rocks! WOW! I want to go back for a moment to the time Samuel was selecting Jesse's' sons by their appearance. We all do it and please do not try to deny it. let me give you some examples that may apply to you. You see a guy coming towards you that has jail house tattoos all over him. Do you stop and say hi and introduce your children or do you grab your kids hands and maybe take a step or tow farther away from him? I know I did this myself and I have many tattoos myself, but you just can not help but to look at an appearance of someone and pre-judge them! How about the man who has on kinda dirty clothes, no front teeth and smells a little. Do you go over and shake his hand and introduce yourself to him as well as your kids or do you take the opportunity to teach your children about homeless people from a distance? I have a relative on my husbands side that is not prejudice, but the first thing this person will see is the color of skin of a person. Now are they against blacks or even a black president? No, but still the appearance is important enough to notice that the person there is black or Hispanic or whatever instead of the person being just a person. WHY DO WE DO THIS????? I try desperately not to do this, but we all do it. Maybe not to the bum, but to the tattooed person, maybe not to the black or Hispanic person, but to the bum etc. WHY!?

A heart for God can only be displayed in our heart of actions not in how we look. The person who was in jail but turned their life around and is on fire for God can be just as close to God as the beautiful person who looks perfect on the exterior. Hey the perfect person may have the evil heart and the bum could have the beautiful heart for God. You never know unless you give EVERY person a chance!

Then lets fast forward and look at David. What a man! He seems to me the type of guys a woman would love. He was strong, hard worker, musical (a great attribute for me since I am musician), tender, compassionate, smart, good looking etc! But you know there was one thing that really made him the most attractive to me. His confidence came from trust on God and that he was fighting for God not the other way around. We sometime tend to think that God is on our side and it really is the opposite way around.

No comments: