Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the taking of Jericho

Joshua is told to lead his people in a silent strut around the wall for six days and on the seventh day the people are to march around the city seven times and then at the signal everyone is to shout.

OK, I mean no disrespect to God, but can you imagine the thoughts that were going through the peoples head. Now remember these people were known for dis-obedience, but guess what they did, they obeyed. They followed this strange instruction and the walls fell down. I can just see the look on their faces. Shock and victory!

Then they are told not to save anything from this city but of course they follow human inclinations and some save some stuff from the city. What happens? They loose the battle at the next city.

You know there is so much to really learn from today's readings. God is the one who give us victory over everything that afflicts us. However we are not to judge the reasonableness of God's commands. We are to obey them. We can not expect victory when we are constantly disobeying God. Right? Then why do we dis-obey on a daily basis.

I read the bible daily as you all know already, I write my notes and I re-read them here and there, I teach my kids all about God and His love and promise, I pray daily (but not a prayer warrior unfortunately) and so on. And I think to myself...Why can I not follow God 100% all the time? Why? Oh yea, because I was given free will and I am a sinner. The only thing I can do is remember that God is in ultimate control. I need to continue to pray to him to ask for forgiveness and then also prayer to help me to obey Him. And most important apply everything I am learning!

No comments: