Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Samuel Brings About Transition

OK, this is why we do not have more then one wife or one husband. Poor Hannah. Her husbands other wife is continually making fun of her barren womb. But finally after a little talk with the priest, she was granted a baby which she named Samuel. Once he grew old enough she kept her promise to God and brought him to Eli the priest to raise as a Godly man. Which he did become at this time. But for sure not by watching Eli's sons. They were wicked and awful people.

Hannah had a willingness to surrender to God. I mean really think about what she did. She gave her only son after being barren for years to the priest to raise and teach instead of herself. If only I could be like that. I know sometime I look at situation where I should be more willing to surrender to God and instead of giving him everything, I give him a partial offering. Do I really think He does not know any better? How about you. How many partial surrenders have you done in just this year? one too many? Yea, me too. When we surrender, we surrender ALL to Him!

No comments: