Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Begining of Nations

When God divided everyone up, it was not because he wanted to make us all have to take language classes at night. No it was because of our own sinful nature to always rebel against and be defiant to God. It goes to show you that nothing has changed. We still rebel against God.

Now God/US (the Trinity) Gen 11:7 decides to confuse the language and spread the people over the earth Gen 11: 8 because of this rebellion. This now begins the division of people into nations. This may even be when God divided us into the different races. It does not say that, but this seems to be the likely place for that. Would you agree? This is also the spot where we learn about the birth of the father of the Hebrews, Abraham and where he comes from, which we know how important a figure he is in Biblical History.

Now did you notice the age declining? Remember the other day I mentioned that once the animals were given to us as food, that I thought this would be the exact time when how long we live will start to decrease. And it happened just as fast as I thought it might. We go from living an average of 800 years to an average of 200 years. We go from having babies at 150 years old to having them in our mid 30's. I find this rather interesting. Why the decline? Is it because of meat eating, is it because He separated us into nations so we became more dependant on ourselves rather then huge amounts of family and people, loneliness, what? What are your thoughts?

OK, let me say I have no idea how to pronounce those names. My kids were actually giggling at me because I was stumbling over the names so badly. I want to ask, does anyone know of a web site that allows you to type in a word and have it speak it back to you. I was searching for that, but just could not find it. If you do, post it here please. Numbers is coming up and I think I will really need it for that book.

No comments: