Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Monday, January 12, 2009

Jacob Steals Blessing

Well, poor old Isaac is tricked into believing that his son Jacob is his other son Esau. I am still not quit sure how a father would not know the difference between goat hair and his sons hair, however it was more probable that is was a divine thing anyway. God knew all along that Jacob was to continue the covenant between Himself and Abraham.


Once Esau finds out about the deception, he sees red and is ready to kill his brother. I do not think that is the avenue he should have taken, but given his future according to God, that was to be expected. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he lost it all to his brother. First he gives his birthright up for food, then he is tricked out of the blessing. Poor, poor Esau. I guess he just needs to keep trust in the Lord even when life takes unexpected turns.


You know I have really learned something valuable so far. I have noticed that these people that God calls righteous are not perfect. Have you noticed that? Noah, Abraham. Sarah, Isaac, Esau, Rebekah. They all sinned over and over again. They all were imperfect people. However, God found favor in all of them. He blessed them all. Tells me that you do not need to be perfect to be rightous!

I get so hard on myself when I mess up and do things that are so far from righteous. Yesterday at church one of the Pastors talked about the sower of seed and how the seed falls on the different soils. It was perfect to go along with what I have been picking up here. I am sooooo very imperfect, but I love God, I try daily to be as close to Him as possible, I bear fruit that is noticeable and I am a sower of the word. I can not tell you how greatly appreciative I am that God has shown me all these answers that I have known for years, but just came to my eyes for the first time!

You know over the years I have tried and tried again to read through the Bible in a year. But I have never made it all the way through. I think the reason may be because of immaturity. In the past I was not a sower. The fruit was there but never matured to a nice ripened fruit. Now that the fruit has been grown, matured, picked and grown again, it was time for me to learn more about Gods word! I am so thankful for that!

No comments: