Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Friday, January 30, 2009

Instructions for the Tabernacle

In this story we have God's instructions to build the Tabernacle. The Lord instructs Moses to invite the Israelites to contribute materials for the Tabernacle and it's furnishings. God states that these things are to be made EXACTLY like He wants them to. As Moses did, we are always to follow God's instructions EXACTLY! When God instructs Moses about the burnt offerings that will be done here it clearly relates to the fact that Christ is the reality in which these symbolic things of the tabernacle point to.

He then goes on to explain Aaron and what He is to do and what he is to wear etc..
Side note...Remember in the other days reading how God tells Moses not to build an altar with steps as to not disgrace himself. Today there are instructions for undergarment. My son says to me...It's about time they start wearing underwear.

Another thing that popped out to me was there is the lengthy consecration ceremony God ordained for dedicating Aaron's family to priesthood. This is a symbol to remind us that nothing and no one is set apart from God without being cleansed by the blood. Only the cleansing work of God can fit a human to approach Him or even to serve Him. That is why we need Jesus. that is why He brought Jesus to us. That is why He allowed Jesus to die.

Everything was to be made with Gold. The Ark was made of pure Gold. I sure do wish we would find the ark so as to prove the Bible is true for those un-believing people out there. It would so wonderful to see the 10 commandments carved by the hand of God or be able to see the only God made bread ever in existence. I sometimes wonder why God does not just put it in someones hand. But that is his decision and for a reason we will find out someday.

I have to admit, I had to go back and re-read this days reading. When I first read it to my son, I read it just like it reads. A long book of instructions. Yada Yada Yada. But when I re-read it I saw the things that God was trying to tell us. The main thing I picked up on is that if we are going to do it (follow Gods instructions) we better darn well do it right.

No comments: