Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Creation

So today I read about creation. I know the stories, I have read them hundreds of times to the kids, but there was three key things I picked up on this time around. Yes I already knew these things, but it makes it concrete what I have been teaching my children all along. Man walked with the dinosaurs and had no fear of the beasts. That the world was created in 7 days not 7 million years and that we were created to be vegetarians not carnivorous beings.

1. Gen 1:20-25 God says that He created EVERY living thing in the water as well as EVERY living things on the land. He did NOT say that He created most of it and then hundreds or millions of years earlier created other creatures. He created EVERY LIVING THING on day 5 and 6.

2.Gen 1:30 that He gave every beast green plants for food. He Never stated that we are to eat meat. We were originally created to be vegetarians. Therefore when Man walked with the beasts the beasts would have no reason to eat man since they were vegetarians. hence we would have had no fear of beasts!

3. Gen 3:6-7 says that Adam was standing next to Eve when she took the first bite. So why didn't he try to stop her and why did he blame her when he was there and could have stopped her. This tells me that when we are in a group of people the power of persuasion is powerful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to know that after reading your goals for 2009 and seeing you plan to read through your NEW Bible this year, I've added you to a list on my blog of ladies who plan to read through the Bible in 2009 so that I may visit you and encourage you! :) Just in the two days I have read, I have been so blessed! I pray your 2009 is blessed and that we can connect and keep in touch throughout this journey!
~Christin

Kristin said...

Oh goody! I hope you will give me your thoughts and encouragments as well as I will for you. Happy reading!