Homeschool Curriculum Reviews, Tips, Helps and Parenting Advice

  • Let me apologize for not really writing anything the last Continue reading School Week of October 20, 2014

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Noah and the flood

I got a few things revealed to me today that I have read before, but just never picked up on. Some of you may say...duh, but I just got it so don't laugh. My Mom and some of my friends who are on the fence about the whole creation and Noah thing have been asking me some of the following questions for years and I have never really been able to give them a good enough answer. Now I think I have it.

QUESTION: How on earth did Noah ever go around in 120 days and get all the animals on the earth to go with him and not get eaten?
ANSWER: Gen 6:20 Every kind of living Creature WILL COME TO YOU to be kept alive. Oh my gosh plain as day and I have read that so many times and never caught it. Noah did not go get the animals, God brought everyone of them to him.

QUESTION: How did Noah fit all those animals on that ark?
ANSWER: I believe that instead of having adult animals coming to the ark that God had babies come to the ark. This would help keep down over population on the ark (like all the adults having babies during that year) and save room especially for the larger animals. I also think it might be possible that for the larger dinosaurs that Noah may have had eggs instead of the actual hatched animal. By the way you know most of the dinosaurs that roamed the earth were small. There are really only a few handfuls of those humongous beasts.

QUESTION: How was it we were able to walk with animals with out being torn apart like what would happen today?
ANSWER: Gen 9:1-4 God plainly states here that ALL animals, big small, flying, fish and crawling will be fearful of man. He also says that Just as He gave us the plants he NOW gives us everything that moves along the ground as food. Back in the creation account He stated that Adam was to rule over the animals and He gave them green plants to eat. He also states later that there was not a Help Meet suitable for Adam. That tells me that God may have put the animals as company for Adam originally. So I was right all along. We were vegetarians to begin with. Not just us, but the whole earth of animals were vegetarians. It was after the fall and the flood that we no longer could be friends with the animals and we started to eat them. And I bet this is also when the start of 800 year life spans started to decrease. As we read on we'll find out about that later remark.

OK now I also found some other things I just want to mention. Did you notice in Gen 8:21 that he says that mans inclination of his heart is evil from childhood? For those of you who have children you know this to be true. That is why it is sooooooooo very important to train our children's character at a very young age. Do not start at age 4 or 5, but right from day one. And for us to protect our children from other children's sinful nature that can be rubbed off onto our children. You know not everyone teaches character to their children. Some leave it to the schools to do. This is one of the greatest reason I homeschool. They are so young, sinful and ready for any and all to show them what to do. Even if it means to learn from another 5 year old sinful child.

You know this event (so many people do not believe in) is a "symbol of how destructive sin can be and the grace of God in saving those who would act in faith through righteousness". So once again we are taught that all we have to do is "The Right Thing" and that sin is crouching at our doors. It strikes me as funny that it would take 3 simple sentences in the Bible to reveal so much to me.

And as far as those who do not believe in creation or the flood. The creation institute has so many wonderful books I have read that PROVE there once was a flood and that intelegant design is how we were made. Not by some haphazard chance.

See you all tomorrow!

No comments: